Melbourne, AUSTRALIA — 04 June 2018 — Findex, Australia’s largest privately-owned accountancy and financial advisory firm, today announced an expansion of its corporate finance division with the launch of a new Debt Advisory sub-service line. Debt Advisory, delivered under the Crowe Horwath brand, will be led by newly appointed Associate Partner, Ben Upton.
Ben, who previously worked at St George Bank, is an expert in providing targeted debt advisory solutions in order to support business growth. He has 13 years of corporate and commercial business banking experience.
There have also been two additional leadership team changes:
- Rahavan Yoganathan has been appointed as Managing Partner, Corporate Finance. This new role will see him taking on a company-wide leadership role, working out of the Sydney office.
- David Ward has been appointed as Senior Partner and Head of M&A and will focus on originating and executing M&A opportunities across the firm.
The Debt Advisory team, led by Ben Upton, will use its knowledge of how banks operate and view risk in order to cut through the associated jargon and provide valuable advice to clients on the nature of debt management.
For this, the team will leverage its extensive network of relationships across the banking industry, and draw upon significant experience and knowledge, to provide insights that assist with all aspects of how a business works with financial institutions.
The Debt Advisory team will provide the following services:
- ‘Health Check’ of current financing arrangements
- Facilitate finance for acquisitions or investment in business growth
- Liaise with existing financiers to promote restructure of debt facilities or renegotiate structure
- Provide advice on the most relevant lending structure, interest rates and fees, terms, covenants, security and amortisation
- Negotiate with financiers on any disputes or possible covenant breaches to ensure continuing relationships
- Merger and acquisition advice and funding
- Maximising debt facilities and leverage balance sheet to remove “property” security
Peter Gardiner, Executive Manager Partner- Specialist Services, said:
“Our corporate finance practice continues to be one of the leaders of the Australasian mid-market transactions. We are excited to grow the market facing presence of our corporate finance team and add a new capability to our business. Debt capital markets are increasingly complex and difficult to access. Relying on traditional banking relationships can also be fraught with risk and conflict. We expect many existing and new clients to take advantage of Ben’s position as a trusted adviser with knowledge and relationships across the debt capital markets.”
Ben Upton, said:
“The opportunity to join Crowe Horwath is exciting, my dealings with the business over the past have been genuine and insightful. I am invigorated by the innovative and progressive approach Crowe Horwath has taken to assist clients with their financial journey. I believe my 13 years of commercial and corporate banking experience can provide perspective and assistance in navigating the ins and outs of a business’ banking requirements, and provide value-add to client interactions with financial institutions.”